- The school canteen was facing problem in accommodating 350 students who go for recess at same time. This was happening since January 2013
- The students were siting around the canteen (perimeter) as the canteen is small and could not cater all of them
- The HM who saw this decided to use one of the changing room which is located FEW meters RIGHT infront of the canteen.
- This changing room which were equipped with chairs and tables has been operating SINCE March 2013 and not recently as claimed by some blogs. This was an initiative taken by HM to avoid pupil from sitting around the canteen under hot sun.
- Until the beginning of Ramadhan ALL students including Malays were using this room as their ‘canteen’
- There is NO..I repeat NO.. toilet located anywhere near by the changing room(currently used) . There is NO toilet located in 30 meter radius. There are only two changing rooms for male and female respectively located side by side as per pic below
You can argue why there is sign of ‘ Tandas’ here.. well that is not ‘tandas’. It is changing room. There is NO toilet bowl at all and if you watch closely the student is actually taking out shoe to enter the ‘Tandas’.The shoes are out there..why?? Anyone who goes to toilet does that? In which school?
HM decided to use one of the changing room (male) bcs it has facilities like water supply. It is also placed very near to the canteen as in few meters. The female changing room are also placed with tables and chairs but not being used at the moment. Let me repeat there is no Toilet nearby the ‘canteen’.
Some people asked ‘Why not used classrooms or library?’ The temporary room has better facilities..water…sinks… and placed just few meters infront canteen..Classrooms and library dont have all these..and located far from canteen. Since my day of schooling we dont practice eating inside classroom…
There are 3 Non-Malay teachers teaching in that school. 2 Indians and an Asli. All of them are aware of this and has no problem with this temporary solution at all. Dont you think if Indians are really being treated badly these two teachers would have raged over it? School PIBG are aware of this matter as well.
The parent who posted this matter in FB only visited the school after being told by a school bus driver that children were eating inside the TOILET. She didnt know that this has been happening since Mac 2013 .
The school has been directed to close down this temporary canteen and better alternative requested which has been agreed by the HM.
This is the other side the story that we all failed to understand. The only question that the HM and the school failed to answer is ‘ Why the canteen has been closed during Ramadhan? ‘ Arent these small no of children also need to eat?